Pages

15 [Latest] Cashier Interview Questions And Answers PDF

Real Time Cashier Interview Questions with Answers PDF

•    Why Would You Want To Make Cashiering As A Career?
I am good with both cash handling and customer service. Since these two aspects of a cashier’s work are the most important, I excel in this role.

•    What Do You Deem The Most Important Aspect Of A Cashier’s Work?
Good customer service is the most important aspect of any cashier’s work. Since they work at the front end, creating a good impression of the establishment they are working for is extremely important. On the other hand, proper cash handling and cash balancing are equally important.

•    Tell Us Of A Particularly Difficult Situation That You Handled Involving Customer.
At Macy’s, a customer got quite antsy when he realized that he did not get the change that he was supposed to. He gave me a $100 bill and I was required to return $20 to him but accidentally gave him $10. He got very upset and asked to see a supervisor. I apologized but did not offer too much of an explanation of my error as I somehow gauged he was too upset to listen to me. I called my supervisor before the situation got out of hand.

•    How Do You Think You Will Be A Good Fit To Our Company?
Quite well, actually! I have worked in the retail arena before and can safely say that I am comfortable with most of its demands.

•    Do You Have Any Experience Of Cash Balancing And Amounts Reconciliation?
Yes. In fact it was part of my duty at my previous workplace. I performed cash and records balancing daily before closing.

•    What Strategies Do You Use To Remain Focused On A Repetitive Task For Consecutive 7-8 Hours?
I take short 3-5 minute break after every hour and also deal with customers in between receiving cash for purchases which breaks the monotony. This enables me to carry out the core cashiering tasks specially hard cash handling effectively, in a focused manner.

•    Why Do You Think Customer Service Skills Are Essential For A Cashier?
Since the cashier deals with public and represents the company or the store, customer dealing skills are a must.

•    How Would You Define Excellent Customer Service?
Excellent customer service begins with greeting the clients and assisting them in finding what they are looking for. Providing detailed information regarding the products they are interested in along with specifications and prices is the most important component of excellent customer service.

•    What Steps Do You Take When You Find Out That Physical Cash Does Not Tally With The Records?
First, I recount the physical cash. If the difference persists, I check the records. The error is almost always somewhere on the cashier’s table. The key to cash balancing is not panicking and checking vigilantly for the discrepancy.

•    Differentiate Between Discount And Rebate?
Discounts are given at the time of purchase while rebates are given after the purchase has been made. Once the customer has paid the full amount, they are refunded the rebate amount after some documentation. Discounts and rebates, both imply that the customer has to pay less than the actual price for the merchandise bought.

•    State Three Traits You Possess That You Think Are Your Major Strengths As A Cashier?
Numeracy skills, customer oriented attitude and cash balancing expertise.

•    What Is The Most Recent Skill You Have Developed As A Cashier?
I have recently attended a two day workshop on cashiering in which I perfected my credit card payment processing and verification skills.

•    If A Bill Is 19.46 And The Customer Give You A Hundred Dollar Note, What Would Be The Change?
80.54 (take your time if you need it, but produce the correct reply)

•    Tell Us About A Problem You Faced As A Cashier And How You Overcame It?
It was the annual closing when I had worked only two weeks at my first job. While balancing the cash there was a major discrepancy that just wouldn’t resolve. I solved the problem by conveying it effectively to the management, taking guidance, following instructions and remaining calm. On checking and rechecking several times, I found out the wrong entry. I perform balancing daily ever since.

•    What Experience Do You Have In Processing Non Cash Transactions?
I have handled all forms of non cash transactions including credit cards, vouchers, check payments and online amount transfers.

Latest Cashier Interview Questions for freshers and Experienced pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment